Business Support Analyst
GREENWOOD, MS 38930 US
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support and guidance to resolve users computer hardware and software problems.
- Communicates with users via phone, chat, email and/or a support ticketing system to assess the scope of the problem and determine what, if any, resolution steps users have performed.
- Installs or assists with the installation and set-up of new hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Coordinates service or replacement of defective products from vendors and manufacturers.
- Maintains knowledge of technical innovations, trends, and best practices; makes recommendations for new software and hardware.
- Drafts or revises user training manuals and procedures.
- Maintains logs of support services in the ticketing system or other appropriate database.
- Collaborate with business staff to thoroughly understand the needs to be supported by information systems and technology.
- Determines how changes any projects will affect business and systems.
- System monitoring.
- New accounts set-up and active directory administration.
- Salsify administration.
- Assist with implementation of new ERP and maintains sufficient knowledge of ERP system to assist other users as needed.
- Maintain new computer systems and server performance.
- Run reports on system performance.
- Optimize processes and lead process improvement.
- Manage user credentials and frameworks.
- Coordinate and provide support with outside vendors regarding firewall and network systems.
- Ensure systems are secure and protected from breach or viruses.
- Risk mitigation planning.
- Manage virtual machines in the data center and the cloud.
- Evaluate system performance and make recommendations for upgrades.
- Handling back-up procedures.
- Manage phone system.
- Perform any other tasks as deemed necessary by management.
Skills and Education
- Bachelor s degree in business information systems, computer science or equivalent.
- Proven experience in the role of Business Support Analyst or equivalent area 3 years or more.
- High level problem solving in high-stress situations.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Paid Time Off.
- 401K and company match.
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability, cancer insurance available.
- Excellent salary with potential for growth within the company.